The New Hope Resource Center is a faith-based ecumenical social service organization. We are supported by local churches and by generous community contributions.
Our mission is to serve basic human needs in North Spokane County including the communities of Riverside, Elk, Chattaroy, Colbert, and Mead. We do this without prejudice or discrimination, following Christ’s example.
Resources for Clients:
- Vouchers for gasoline
- Financial assistance for certain non-narcotic prescriptions
- Financial assistance for emergency vehicle repairs
- Housing/Rental assistance
- Emergency travelers assistance
- Assistance for utility shut-off notices
- Some Food Gift Certificates Available for Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Emergency Food Supply (We keep a small stash in the office, but direct people to the Mead Food Bank and the North County Food Pantry up in the Elk area)
- Clothing Bank
- Referrals – We help clients find additional agency resources such as contacting Kiwanis Clubs for cribs, SNAP for utility assistance, the CHAS Clinic for medical needs, etc.
- Toiletry Items (Clients are invited to select six items from our stock every other month)
- New Hope acts as a Go-Between. We accept donations from people in our churches – household items like furniture, appliances, linens, kitchenware. We have even had cars donated.
- Donated books for adults and children
- Musical instruments for children are loaned on an annual basis to families who cannot afford to rent them
- Musical instrument repair – Clearwater Music has volunteered to repair and clean our clients’ children’s school musical instruments
- For this ministry and for each one involved.
- For volunteers and donors to help with the many needs.
- For each recipient that they may be blessed by God’s grace.
Tuesday: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
And 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm